- Daily meditation: combined with deep breathing exercise (5/20/10 x 10). Two sessions, one upon waking, one before sleep.
- Gratitude exercise following each meditation session: 5 new things I’m grateful for today.
- Strength training day: Stronglift 5×5 or Kettle bell swing x 75
- Rest day: Do something active. Plank, skateboard, swim, walk.
- Cold showers.
- Slow carbs diet. One cheat day a week.
- 12% body fat by 30 June 2017.
- To not work for a salary in 4 months. The way to do that is by asking ‘What value am I producing in my work?’
- To close out financing for one more solar farm in 2017.
- On 12 June 2016, I began tracking 3 habits using an app called Way of Life. I have an accountability buddy and we agreed to pay each other $5 for each habit missed per day. My final 2016 tally stood at $295, with money donated to charity. This system works great and will continue into 2017.
- I failed to meditate consistently on two prior attempts. On my third attempt in 2016, the habit finally stuck after 40 days of hit and miss. Since the morning session is now becoming second nature, I’m adding a nightly session in 2017.
- I really struggled with the slow-carb diet in 2016. In retrospect, the addition of the Stronglift 5×5 weight lift program to a no-carb diet 6 days a week was a poor combination. In 2017, I’m going to ease off on the weight lifting to focus on getting the diet back on track.
- In 2017, I’m switching Stronglift 5×5 to just getting active and exercise. On days where I do something active, not going to the gym is fine. I will experiment with this until the diet sticks.
- Also in 2016, I binged on an excessive amount of Maccas and KFC given their proximity. I’ve agreed to pay my girlfriend $1,000 if I ever step foot inside Maccas or KFC in 2017.
Last updated: 9 January 2017.