Hi there. My name is Kevin and this site contains my labour of love, dedicated to exploring two important questions:
- How to find joy and peace
- How to live a fulfilling life
I believe there’s too much avoidable suffering in the world and that we should practice happiness like our lives depend on it. Happiness is a SKILL you develop and a CHOICE you make. Like building muscle, you can decide that happiness is important to you and work at it. I aspire to live in a world where people trade expectation for APPRECIATION, a future where FULFILLMENT, rather than achievement, is the end goal.
- Check out what I’m doing right now.
- Check out what books I’m enjoying and why you might want to check them out too.
- Follow the trail of my mental bread crumbs below (red = my personal picks).
Eudaimonia – personal fulfillment
- A love letter to Millennials – three questions that can change your life
- Writing as Therapy
- What is the Meaning of Life? Daring to ask the Big Question
- What I discovered living in my office for 270 days
- My unpopular beliefs
- Non-theistic buddhist beliefs
- The day you stopped worrying
- Where is happiness?
- Man can be perfect, but for 5 minutes
- When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself
- The importance of having core fundamental values
- Happiness is a skill you develop and a choice you make
- Waking up
- How to deal with people who like to argue
- Why honesty brings happiness
- When now is enough
- Sushil, my last UberLUX passenger
- My favourite quotes
- Guard your time and know that money has a steep discount rate
- Story about a fisherman and another about a man named Jean
- Dear mum, thank you
- What I’d listen to if only I had 15 minutes to spare
- A special post for a special person
- Why skills trump passion in the quest for work you love
- How and why to discover your life purpose, if you haven’t got one
- Don’t follow your passion?
- Building the next billion-dollar company
- How to find fulfilling work and be happy
- When you hear the word ‘successful’, who is the first person that comes to mind?
- 7 things I’d tell my younger self about investment banking
- 128-hour work week – finale
- 128-hour work week – sequel
- 128-hour work week – beginning
- You know you’re a seasoned investment banker when..
- How I got my foot in the investment banking door
3 months in Australian outback
- Welcome to 3 months in the Australian outback
- The Indigenous challenge facing Aussie outback
- Swimming the River, a fascinating story
- The trouble with Bob from an Indigenous outback community
- The many flavours of remote outback living
- Mad dash to the finish line
- Experience of a life-time closing to an end
- Why we’re liking computers running on outdated operating systems
- 500 days of taking cold showers
- The least painful diet I’m going on (how wrong I was)